So this isn’t the healthiest recipe ever, but I thought since it’s almost Fathers Day I should post a simple recipe anyone can make.You can make this for lunch for your dad and he’d appreciate it a lot! This Panini is so easy to make and tastes amazing!! (but lets be real bacon makes everything taste good)..so heres a picture of the sandwhich. Sorry for my sucky pictures, I’m still learning how to use the camera 😮
Makes 1 sandwich
– 2 slices of sourdough bread
– a slice of cheese (I used organic pepperjack)
– one strip of bacon, cooked (I used uncured, nitrate/nitrite free turkey bacon)
-half a tomato
– 1 avocado
– part of an onion, cut in rings
-salt & pepper
– chipotle sauce, optional
1. Start by heating up your Panini press. I set the temperature at 300 oF (haha that’s supposed to be degrees Fahrenheit, but I don’t know how to type that symbol 😦 …if you couldn’t tell already i’m new to blogging).If you don’t have a Panini press, you can skip this step or toast your bread on a stovetop or toaster oven.
Behold! My glorious Panini press 😀 It’s from Cusinart and can also double as a grill!!
2.Next, wash and slice your avocado and tomato
Here’s and awkward picture of me attempting to cut a tomato while taking a picture…and here’s what it looks like when i’m done…ya know just in case none of you have seen sliced vegetables
3. Now get a slice of bread and lay the cheese and bacon strip on it. Then layer the lettuce, avocado, tomato, and onions on top and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top. If you are using a sauce, spread it on the other slice of bread. And here’s what it looks like before it’s toasted
Isn’t it pretty? You can just stop here and eat it right now if you can’t wait, but i’m gonna toast mine.
4. Put your sandwich in the press for a couple minutes depending on how you like it. I only put mine in for a minute or two.
If you’re impatient like me, this is the hardest part…waiting for your Panini to cook just enough so the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. It seriously seems like an eternity waiting for this badboy to toast!! Once it’s done just take it off the press, and your Panini is ready to eat!