We all know that waking up in the mornings suck. Especially in the summer,when there’s no school, waking up early in the morning is treacherous 😥 But these waffles will make you want to jumpright out of bed and start your day off right 🙂 I gurantee you’ll have a good day if you wake up to these babies!!
Sooo tasty especially with a handful of strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup!
makes 4 waffles
– 1 cup flour, any you prefer, but I only had all-purpose 😦
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
– 1/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup maple syrup (or any sweetener)
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 flax egg (or 1 regular egg)
*see below on how to make a flax egg
**to make these paleo waffles use a combination of tapioca starch and coconut flour and coconut milk
1. Preheat your waffle maker to a medium setting (for crispier waffles, heat on high). If you decide to use a flax egg, proceed to step 2. If you are using a regular egg, skip step 2.
2. Make your flax egg by getting 1 tbs. flax seed and grinding it in a blender to make flaxmeal.
This is what your flaxmeal should look like once it’s done.
Now combine 1 tbs. flaxmeal with 3 tbs. water and stir it. Put it in the fridge for around 15 minutes.
Before & After putting it in the fridge. See how its all gooey and thick in the after picture. That’s what you want! It’s kinda the same consistency as a regular egg.
3. Combine all your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) in a bowl and mix.
4. Add your wet ingredients to the bowl and mix until the batter is smooth and silky (haha that sounds like something in a shaving commercial)
5. Okay, now MAKE SURE TO SPRAY YOUR WAFFLE MAKER WITH OIL! This is so inportant so your waffles don’t stick to the pan. I forgot to spray it the first time and well… it ended pretty badly. I mean i almost burned myself trying to pry the waffle off 😮
6. Scoop about a half a cup of batter onto your wafflemaker and cook until the waffles are a golden brown
7. Top with fruits, whipped cream, maple sryup, powdered sugar…the possibilities are endless!
8. DIG IN!!